Tyler Ayers Workshop - Balance and Flexibility!
Get the chance to learn in studio and at home mobility, flexibility and conditioning exercises aimed to help you push yourself even further in your movement and training. Balancing for inverting, handstands and floor work focused on a strong emphasis of pole art and sport play huge factor in this workshop making sure everyone walks away with new skills and kick ass confidence. All levels are welcome for this 1.5 hour workshop!
Wednesday, May 17th, 2017 at 6:35pm to 8:05pm: $40 +GST
Tyler Ayres – Cirque du Soleil, Carnival, International Ballet Theatre, TADA
Internationally acclaimed and recognized choreographer and entertainer from Australia, Tyler is an expert in aerial arts, acrobatics, hand balancing, tumbling and hand-to-hand. Tyler was the youngest person ever to be funded by the Australian government ARTS ACT fund and has been working professionally in the entertainment industry since the age of 9. Companies that have benefited from Tyler’s performance and instruction include names from Cirque du Soleil and the Australia Institute of Sport to BLOCH and IADMS. Tyler was instrumental in the beginning stages of Acrobatic Arts, one of the largest acrobatics curriculums in the world, by constructing a large portion of the hand balancing syllabus. He also drove the design and launch of a new centre for high level and aspiring athletes while based in Calgary. Tyler now calls Vancouver home and is the Founding Director of TADA, Tyler Ayres Dance and Aerial, which develops and represents top level performers and publishes a training curriculum for hand balancing, suitable for athletes, aerialists, dancers and acrobats.
Click here to sign up!
Samantha Star Workshops!
Monday, April 24th, 2017 at 6pm to 9:15pm
Samantha Star combines her knowledge of pole, gymnastics, yoga, and hand balance to be a dynamic performer and informative instructor. She believes perfecting the fundamentals is the best way to gain strength and coordination to achieve a higher level of fitness and grace. By focusing on technique and core, she helps students attain a solid platform with which they can achieve confidence, strength and power. Samantha teaches at Body & Pole in NYC and also travels the world to perform, compete and teach pole fundamentals, power moves, power spins, inversions and handstand workshops.
• 3rd Place – US World Pole Sports Federation (Qualifier for IPSF) 2015
• 2nd Place – Australian Pole Fitness Championship 2015
• 1st Place – IDSA World Pole Dance Championship of Sports Standard (China) 2014
• 2nd Place – Pole Championship Series 2014
• 1st Place – Women’s Division – Pole Classic at Pole Expo 2013
• 4th Place – Nationals Pro/ Level 4 Championship – Pole Sport Organization 2013
• 2nd Place – Atlantic Level 4 Championship – Pole Sport Organization 2013
• 3rd Place – National Elite Division – Midwest Pole Dance Competition 2012
• APFA Pole Athlete of the year 2012
Movement, Mobility, Floorwork 90 minutes – 6:00-7:30pm ($60 +GST): Floor based class that will focus on creating acrose the floor movement patterns that can be used in warmups, workouts and floorwork in routines.
Power Heels 90 minutes – 7:45-9:15pm ($70 +GST): Clack it, shake it, and twerk it all while popping it, flipping it and dropping it. That’s right all your favorite classic beautiful power moves, but masterfully taught in HEELS!
*Memberships receive $5 off each workshop!
Please click here to view all our classes, including this workshop, that we offer at the Aradia Fitness studio
Want to sign up for a class?, click here.
Dakota Fox Workshops!
Monday, Oct 17th, 2016 at 6pm to 9pm
Dakota Fox brings a unique background to her pole fitness & aerial acrobatic classes. Her natural strength comes from her athletic experience in team sports and martial arts. Dakota’s power tricks and flow has gained her a large social media following.
She brings accessibility to her workshops, with her knack for breaking down difficult techniques and her ability to teach to all levels. She began performing in 2011 and completed her first pole dance competition in 2012.
Awards & Experience
Foxxy Flow from 6:00pm – 7:30pm $75+GST
Advanced Inversions from 7:30pm – 9:00pm $75+GST
- Miss Pole Dance America Troupe Division Finalist 2016
- Top 25 United Pole Artist Poler’s Choice Awards 2013, 2014, 2015
- Pole Expo’s Pole Classic Competition Finalist 2015
- North American Pole Dance Championship Elite Finalist 2015 –
- Pole Theatre USA Pro Level Finalist 2015 –
- US Pole Dance Championships Pro Level Finalist 2014 –
- PSO Southern Pole Championship Bronze Medal Finalist 2014 –
- Brian Friedman ChoreoCup Finalist (USA) 2014 –
- PSO Southern Pole Championship, 3rd Place Pro Division (USA) –
- EPDC Competition Champions Category 5th Place (England) –
- PoleAndAerial.com Featured Guest Instructor –
- APC 4th Place – Level 3 Championship Division (USA) 2013 –
- National Aerial Pole Art “Neo Division” Finalist (USA) 2013 –
- APFC Elite Division Finalist (USA) 2012 –
- APFC “Video of the Year” Nominee (USA) 2011, 2012 –
- Super Shag Invitational 4th Place – Pro Division (USA) 2012