At Aradia Fitness Calgary, we feature one student every month who exemplifies the commitment and attitude of our joyful pole community. When Sarah first arrived at our studio as a Pole 1 student, she was quiet but determined to succeed. We have watched Sarah learn and grow, all the while celebrating the success of other students in her classes. You can find Sarah in all of our pole classes, from Pole 3 to lap dance workshops. Keep going, Sarah, you are an inspiration!
1. Where are you from? Hometown?
2. Favourite pastime? (outside of pole, including any other dancing you do)
Going on road trips and spending time with friends and family
3. What do you love most about pole?
That it challenges me both mentally and physically
4. What is your favourite pole move? What is your favourite class at Aradia?
Pole 3 and Pole Fluidity are my favourites
5. What keeps you motivated to come to your classes consistently?
Seeing my progress – I feel like I have breakthroughs every week! And seeing my pole dance friends!
6. When did you first start coming to Aradia Fitness?
7. What surprised you about pole dance and fitness?
How addictive it is! And seeing the very noticeable changes in my body composition and strength.
8. Why should someone join Aradia Fitness Calgary and start pole today?
It gives you a tremendous sense of accomplishment.
At Aradia Fitness Calgary, we recognize our students for their commitment and the sparkle they bring to the studio. Bobbi has been with us here at Aradia since 2012. You will find her here at Aradia on Tuesday and Wednesday night advanced classes on HER pole. She has a quiet fierceness that gently lets you know which pole is hers :).
Mostly kidding…Bobbi is a joy to have in the studio and cheers and encourages other student for their accomplishments as well.
Thank you, Bobbi! We love you so much!
Where are you from? Hometown?
I have lived in Calgary my entire life.
Favourite pastime (outside of pole, including any other dancing you do)?
I love staying active! Some of my favourite activities are yoga, spin classes, swimming and snowboarding.
What do you love most about pole?
I love the challenge. Pole takes a lot of strength, endurance and flexibility.
What is your favourite pole move? What is your favourite class at Aradia?
My favourite move of all time is a spiral spin with a flare into pretzel. My favourite classes at Aradia are the exotic classes.
What keeps you motivated to come to your classes consistently?
My goal is to compete in a Pole competition. Consistent pole classes allow me to keep up my strength and endurance so one day I will be ready to compete!
What surprised you about pole dance and fitness?
Pole fitness requires an insane amount of full body strength!
Why should someone join Aradia Fitness Calgary and start pole today?
The instructors are fantastic and the Aradia community is extremely friendly!! Pole fitness is a fun alternative to boring workouts!
At Aradia Fitness Calgary, we celebrate our students’ success. Every month, we feature a student who we feel exemplifies our Aradia family spirit, and the joy of our pole community.
For the month of August, 2018, we are featuring Kristine McLean. Kristine brings so much positivity with her to the studio. She works hard in class, all the while encouraging and applauding other students. She has had an impact on all our instructors as well as her fellow students. Well done, Kristine! You have come so far and we can’t wait to see how far you will go in your aerial and pole journey!
Kristine in her Pole 4 Butterfly
1. Where are you from? Hometown?
Hometown is Edmonton, though I have lived here so long Calgary feels like my hometown.
2. Favourite pastime (outside of pole), including any other dancing, aerial you do…..I love the Static Trapeze! It is my favorite thing to do outside of pole.
3. What do you love most about pole?What I love the most about pole is the sense of strength and flexibility it gives me. I am not someone you would call flexible, however pole has made me more flexible now, as I approach 50, than I ever have been before. In the 10 months that I have been doing pole, my core strength has tripled and my overall strength has improved. It is crazy how quickly it develops with pole.
4. What is your favourite pole/aerial move?
I love being inverted. So any move that is inverted is a favorite.
5. What keeps you motivated to come to your classes consistently?I keep coming back to class because it is fun…and hard…and a lot of fun…and challenging…and hard…and really fun.
6. Why should someone join Aradia Fitness Calgary and start pole today?
If you are thinking of working out, try Aradia. I love it for all the above reasons but the best part of Aradia is all the wonderful friends I have met. The environment of the studio is so friendly and encouraging. I thought it might be a body concious environment but it absolutely isn’t. EveryBody is welcome at Aradia.